Email & Calendaring
Every employee and student at Rice is automatically given a Rice.edu
email account and a personal storage account. In addition students
and employees also receive access to Google Calendar and several
other core Google Apps for Education. Undergraduate students can
manage their rice.edu messages through Gmail. Faculty, staff, and
graduate students will continue to manage their rice.edu email with services such as Thunderbird, Outlook, Apple Mail or webmail.rice.edu.
- Click this link to learn how to set up your Rice email on your mobile phone, desktop, and/or laptop computer.
- Here you can set up your Rice calendar on your desktop or laptop computer. Additional instructions are available for setting up the Rice calendar on your phone.
- Webmail Log In - access Rice Webmail from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Set up Rice Email - setting up to send and receive Rice email on a computer or phone
- Rice Alumni - How to convert to an alumni account.
- Mailing Lists - Information on sending email to groups of recipients and email attachment limits.
- WebSieve - Use WebSieve for e-mail auto-reply commands like vacation or out-of-office messages, forwarding, filtering and rules
The Rice calendaring system converted to Google Calendar in July 2012. Oracle calendar information will be retained in read-only mode as long as aging equipment continues to perform.
Other University Calendars
Rice Events Calendar
The university events calendar displays a wide variety of campus events and includes features such as customizable RSS feeds. Everyone can view the calendar, but only department representatives can edit events for their group. If your department is not yet submitting events to the university calendar, contact Web Sevices to request an account.
Student Events Calendars
Both the graduate student and undergraduate student associations feature student events calendars on their web sites. Clubs and organizations should contact the respective associations to submit events to these calendars. Individual residential colleges also manage their own private calendars.